In 2016, I focused my energy on my #366project, I took a little time every. single. day. to reflect and post a day highlight on my Instagram. It was a way of finding light and beauty in a year that felt very bleak and heavy overall.
2017 rolled around. My completion of the #366project showed me that I am capable of putting a little energy everyday into reflecting. For years, I’ve wanted to put more energy and thought into my writing and storytelling. It’s taken me years to feel confident in my own voice. Finally, I think I’m ready to share some of my real thoughts and feelings. Not a work portfolio or blog to impress agencies but rather a space of raw writing that documents my journey to resist and end systems of oppression to achieve collective liberation and justice. Thus, the #2017Project was born. This is the beginning of embracing my intersecting identities, life’s changes and my personal growth with #walanghiya.
See below for the list of posts (latest on top) for easy access:
- Week 8: The Challenge of Living with #WalangHiya
- Week 7: A Filipinx American Womxn’s Journey to Womxnism
- Week 6: Taking Up An Unlikely Space
- Week 5: The Call for Emotional Labor
- Week 4: Walang Hiya: A Filipinx American Womxn’s Reflections on the 2017 DC Women’s March
- Week 3: Professionalism: The Art of Compartmentalizing
- Week 2: What Home Told Me
- Week 1: An Ode to 2016